Stretch & Challenge
At The Connaught School we believe all pupils should be challenged, inspired and empowered by learning to allow them to be the best that they can be’.
Our aim at The Connaught School is to ensure that all our most able, gifted and talented pupils:
- Achieve success in examinations at the highest possible level.
- Have access to a curriculum appropriate to their gifts and talents.
- Have equal opportunity.
- Feel encouraged and valued so that they can achieve their full potential.
- Gain increasing independence in their teaming as they move through the school.
- Are equipped to deal with life post-16, whether in higher education, training or at work.
Our aim at Connaught is not to provide extra opportunities only open to a few candidates – all pupils should have access to challenge in their lessons to aid their academic growth. Therefore our emphasis is absolutely on classroom provision – rather than extracurricular trips. To do this effectively we focus on the following aspects:
1) Rigour and depth in the subject matter.
4) A classroom culture that celebrates intellectual curiosity.
5) Co-construction and independence.